Online surf specific Sports Physiotherapy Consultations
If you have had a shoulder, back, neck or leg injury that just isn't getting better, even though you have seen multiple health practitioners and a doctor, then an online surf specific online physiotherapy consultation is just for you.
If all you have done to fix your injury is some simple stretches, plus a bit of massage, there is so much more that you can, and should be doing, in order to help yourself get back in the water surfing freely again.
How does an Online Surf Sports Physiotherapy Consultation work?
Once a time is booked, you will receive an email link which you can simply click at the time of your session and you're live. Your session is secure as our software passes all privacy healthcare standards for Australia, Europe, United States and the UK, and your information is private and never shared with a 3rd party.
You don't need to download any software for the consultation. (We don't use zoom etc, as it isn't secure enough for health consultation regulations)
Over the course of your consultation, you will be questioned about the nature of your injury and how it impacts your surfing, work and day to day life. You will have an opportunity to also ask your surf physiotherapist relevant questions, and we will discuss any recent or previous scans you may have had.
A physical examination is then performed, where we will watch you move, bend twist and perform specific tests so that we can determine what your diagnosis is, and more importantly, what we're going to do about it. to fix your issue once and for all.
Following the assessment, you will be given clear instructions on what needs to happen next and which specific rehabilitation strengthening exercises you need to do.
You will receive access to our exercise app, which will have your bespoke program.
WHAT DO I GET FROM BOOKING AN ONLINE SURF SPECIFIC PHYSIOTHErAPY CONSULT?
- Confidence that you are talking to an expert Australian trained and based physiotherapist, with 16+ years in the game
- A lengthy hour long initial consultation, allowing for detailed subjective and objective questioning and testing
- PLUS a 30 minute follow up session, approximately 3-4 weeks following your initial session
- A working diagnosis of your condition, and what you need to do about it to feel better
- Education and advice on what you need to be doing in order to feel better, including the most important part- a structured strengthening rehabilitation program
- Education on what you should STOP doing, in order to achieve results
- All the latest tips and researched advice on how you can help yourself to fix your injury
- Your own private exercise program via an app, showing repetitions, sets and frequency to get the most out your rehabilitation with little fuss.
- Email access for 1 month for you to ask any questions about your program, so you're not left in the dark
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
After your initial consultation, you will book your follow up consultation, usually around 3-4 weeks time.
This allows you to start to work on your specific strengthening exercises, and to make sure you are doing them correctly.
At your second consult, its an opportunity for you to ask further questions, and then for your surfphysiotherapist to progress your rehahilitation to the next stage.
WHAT IF I NEED SCANS?
If you are based in Australia, we can order X-rays, Ultrasounds and MRIs for you, and email you the referral slip.
If you are based outside of Australia, we can write a referral letter to your health practitioner and give them guidance on the appropriate scan.
We will be able to discuss your scan results with you.
How Much Does This Cost and HOW DO I BOOK?
You get all of the benefits above, plus the knowledge that you're taking the correct steps in getting you back into your passion of surfing for only $447 AUD (approximately $330 USD and € 280). *includes all applicable taxes